Tuesday, October 25, 2011

RSS Feeds

I still haven't decided how I feel about RSS feeds. I think that I am too comfortable with checking the miscellaneous sites that I like everyday, and can't really wrap my head around having all the site updates in one place.
I can see why RSS feeds appeal to alot of people. When you are trying to get information from multiple sites, especially ones that update frequently and are ever changing, the use of the feed technology is definitely useful. As a librarian, it would be helpful to be able to check multiple same subject websites. I thought that the Library of Congress RSS feeds were really interesting, and could see my self using them in the future. http://www.loc.gov/rss/#librarians
I also loved the Unshelved site that we were directed to was also really great. http://www.unshelved.com I could see my desk covered in these comics in a few years.

RSS feeds also are probably really helpful when you are following politics, especially an election race. The feed will allow those interested to keep up to date without having to check multiple sites.

Though I am still undecided about whether I plan on using RSS feeds right now, I can see myself using them as a professional. I think I will just have to ease myself into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment