Thursday, October 13, 2011

Library Wikis

So it thought that this learning 2.0 exercise was pretty interesting. I have been a contributor on wikipedia for a class while I was an undergrad, and do use wikipedia quite often. I haven't thought about thinking about wiki's in relation to libraries, but once I looked at some of the sites, I was surprised by how well they work. I especially liked the site http://booklovers.pbworks.com/w/page/14034179/Princeton%20Public%20Library because 1. i am a serious book lover and 2. I think its an easy way for many people to interact and discuss books. The site allows people to speak their mind about books, and give people advice before they borrow books. Very cool!

I like the idea that wikis can be edited by anyone and is a easy to use site, which is especially important when you have a non-computer using clientele. When I work in a library, I will be sure to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment